|The Grants Committee is a standing committee of the Association. The Grants Committee is responsible for the evaluation and selection of grant proposals as well as the on-going evaluation and reporting of funded grant projects.|
|The Past President shall oversee the committee.|
|The Committee consists of a Chair, a minimum of three (3) General Members, and the Sponsor (Association Past President). A person may only be a General Member of one committee/council at a time but may serve as an Associate member on multiple committees/councils. |
IV. Committee Chair
|The Committee Chair shall be chosen by vote of the Executive Committee from nominees submitted by the Past President. The Committee Chair serves as an ex officio, voting member of the Board of Directors.|
- Length: The term of office is up to two years commencing on the day after the annual conference.
- Expiration: Each year, the term of up to half of the Committee General Members shall expire.
- Limit: The Committee Chair and General Members may not serve more than two consecutive terms. Active Associate Member may remain on the Commitee indefinitely.
|The Committee Chair shall submit an annual report to the Past President by September 1. The Committee Chair shall also submit updates to the Secretary as requested throughout the year.|
|The Committee Chair shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Committee Chair to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new Committee Chair can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.|
- Attend all required Association meetings.
- Regularly review, update, and/or establish grant programs that support the association's mission and objectives.
- Work with Jump Rope and Hoops for Heart Director to promote and process project applications.
- Develop publicity for grants.
- Establish evaluation criteria and deadlines for each type of grant.
- Review grant proposals in relation to established criteria.
- Recommend grant projects to the Board of Directors. Send summary and receipt of grants to Board members.
- Make recommendations to the President-Elect for new committee members.
- Secure final reports and submit article for publication.
- Submit copies of all grants to the Secretary for archival.
- Notify the Conference Coordinator of those grant recipients who should be asked to complete a conference presentation.
- Secure final reports for JRHFH events and submit article for publication.
- Perform duties as requested by the Past President.
- The Chair shall convene the committee in-person and/or electronically as necessary.