|The JRFH Committee is a standing committee of the Association. The Committee is responsible for the ongoing educational/fundraising programs of the American Heart Association.|
|The Past President shall oversee the committee.|
|The Committee consists of a Chair, a minimum of three (3) General Members, and the Sponsor (Association Past President). A person may only be a General Member of one committee/council at a time but may serve as an Associate member on multiple committees/councils. |
IV. Committee Chair
|The Committee Chair shall be chosen by vote of the Executive Committee from nominees submitted by the Past President. The Committee Chair serves as an ex officio, voting member of the Board of Directors.|
- Length: The term of office is up to two years commencing on the day after the annual conference.
- Expiration: Each year, the term of up to half of the Committee General Members shall expire.
- Limit: The Committee Chair and General Members may not serve more than two consecutive terms. Active Associate Member may remain on the Commitee indefinitely.
|The Committee Chair shall submit an annual report to the President-Elect by September 1. The Committee Chair shall also submit updates to the Secretary as requested throughout the year.|
|The Committee Chair shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Committee Chair to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new Committee Chair can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.|
- Attend all required Association meetings.
- Develop the association's JRFH annual plan.
- Conduct or facilitate conduct of information/training sessions for prospective JFH and JFH leaders.
- Identify and implement ways the Association and the American Heart Association (AHA) can promote each group's educational/fitness efforts.
- Serve as a resource for Association members.
- Provide information for inclusion in Association communications.
- Review and update JRFH and HFH policies, procedures, and initiatives.
- Perform duties as requested by the Past President.
- The Chair shall convene the committee in-person and/or electronically as necessary.