|The Higher Education Committee is a standing committee of the Association. The Higher Education Committee is responsible for representing the interests, programs, and missions of Indiana's higher education institutions to the Association.|
|The President-Elect shall oversee the committee.|
|The Committee consists of a Chair, a minimum of three (3) General Members, and the Sponsor (Association President-Elect). A person may only be a General Member of one committee/council at a time but may serve as an Associate member on multiple committees/councils. |
IV. Committee Chair
|The Committee Chair shall be chosen by vote of the Executive Committee from nominees submitted by the President-Elect. The Committee Chair serves as an ex officio, voting member of the Board of Directors.|
- Length: The term of office is up to two years commencing on the day after the annual conference.
- Expiration: Each year, the term of up to half of the Committee General Members shall expire.
- Limit: The Committee Chair and General Members may not serve more than two consecutive terms. Active Associate Member may remain on the Commitee indefinitely.
|The Committee Chair shall submit an annual report to the Past President by September 1. The Committee Chair shall also submit updates to the Secretary as requested throughout the year.|
|The Committee Chair shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Committee Chair to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new Committee Chair can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.|
- Attend all required Association meetings.
- Identify Indiana institutions of higher education offering programs related to the purposes of the Association.
- Create and maintain a list of pertinent degrees from each Indiana institution of higher education.
- Maintain a current database of all faculty members from each Indiana institution of higher education. Submit information to the Membership VP.
- Identify and recruit at least one member from each Indiana institution of higher education to serve on the committee.
- Support the efforts of the CFP Faculty Advisor.
- The committee shall submit an annual recommedation on higher education priorities for the Association's Board of Directors. These recommendations will be used to guide the Association's programs and priorities.
- The committee shall organize and host opportunities for all higher education members to network.
- Perform duties as requested by the President-Elect.
- The Chair shall convene the committee in-person and/or electronically as necessary.