|The Past President is an officer of the Association assumed by the President at the end of a one-year term.|
|The President shall oversee the Past President.|
|One year commencing on the day after the annual conference.|
|The Past President shall submit an annual report to the Secretary by September 1. |
|The Past President shall meet with his/her successor as soon as possible and as often as necessary for the new Past President to certify that all pertinent committee information has been transferred and any necessary training/consultation has occurred to ensure the new Past President can successfully assume responsibilities on the first day of office.|
- Serve as a voting member of the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Oversee the work and operations of following Committees: Grants, Jump Rope/Hoops for Heart, and Higher Education.
- Oversee the work and operations of the following individuals: Conference Director and Finance Director.
- Nominate Chairs to the assigned Committees listed for approval by the Executive Committee. Ensure all Committees are adequately staffed.
- Nominate Directors (Conference and Finance) for approval by the Executive Committee and election by the Board of Directors.
- Serve as a Co-Chair of the state conference along with the President-Elect with specific responsibilities to a) develop the conference budget, b) establish the schedule framework, c) determine the social/networking events, d) define exhibitor/sponsor programs, and e) review all meal plans.
- Establish a state conference planning timetable and communicate it to the Executive Committee and Board of Directors.
- Plan a social event for conference and preside at the event. If necessary, appoint a committee to help plan and carry out the event.
- Recommend conference gift ideas for attendees and speakers.
- Obtain and present the President’s Plaque of Service to the outgoing President at the state conference.
- Maintain a list of potential candidates to serve as Committee Chairs.
- Submit a detailed conference summary, evaluation, and recommendations to the Secretary within one month of the state conference.
- Provide the incoming Past President with a copy of all files pertinent to Past President’s duties. This should take place at the state conference or within two weeks of rotating out of the office.
- Contribute regularly to all Association publications.
- Perform duties as requested by the President.